Pitch

This is the blog of The Learning Bean

11 August 2010

My growing vocabulary

I've learned 3 new words lately... and some new fashion trends I think. Actually, they are not new fashion trends. They are hybrids, revivals and... although clothes-related not really what you could call "fashion" or "trend".
  • Jeggings: These are particular favourite. The stretch and comfort of the legging, the look of the jeans. Unlike jeans you can wear them all day and not get saggy knees, baggy butt...
  • Snood: Warmth like a scarf but can be pulled up over the head like a hood. Actually, I thought any old scarf could be pulled over the head like a hood, but that's just me. Me and Jackie Onassis and hundreds of other women. (and some men, Nik Kershaw!)
  • Onesies: No, not a toilet report! Onesies are the name for the little one piece playsuits that babies wear... that are being made in adult sizes!! It's like the Snuggy but with legs and hoods and sometimes feet. Oh yeah, butt flaps are almost a standard feature, a two way zip at the front for the gents, and "you can fit three 12oz beverages of your choice in each pocket." Yes, one trip to the fridge and you can stock up for the night! Or wear it to a party and you won't have to take the esky...
And so my vocabulary grows. Other words added recently are "pulchritudinous" and "mamihlapinatapai". If I can get those 2 words into conversation (preferably on a date) I'm buying myself a onesie!

No comments:

Post a Comment