Pitch

This is the blog of The Learning Bean

26 July 2010

Networking in 2010

I've been having fun getting Facebook, Linked In, Blogger and Twitter ready for the launch of The Learning Bean into the market. So I am learning which order to update things so that I don't have to go to four different sites for each status.

I start with the blog, share it on The Learning Bean's Facebook wall which automatically updates Twitter. Oh dear, I think Linked In maybe isn't! Ironic, isn't it.

I'll look at it again once business takes off, but for now I'll post Linked In separately. I'm pretty certain that by the time I've worked out the "best" way to keep all the online networks up to date, I'll be used to the way I'm doing it and not want to change.

(A brief update on the technical problems; Everything is working right now. The internet just kicked in for no reason on Monday morning, I found the right driver for my scanner, my WiFi is all good... TOUCH WOOD!!)

1 comment:

  1. Try using TweetDeck - you can control on a post-by-post basis which updates get posted to Twitter / Facebook / LinkedIn.

    Also, be careful about posting frequent updates to LinkedIn (the occasional blog post notification is okay) ... because there is no effective way to filter status updates in LinkedIn, frequent updates become very spammy. I've unfollowed people on LinkedIn who were too verbose.

    ReplyDelete